Our Wedding Day

Our wedding took place on September 12 at a little place called Skyview Lodge in Brunswick, Ohio, which is a bit southwest of Cleveland. It’s a beautiful old tin roofed lodge atop a big hill with an amazing view.

We had the short ceremony at 5pm at the gazebo in the backyard. After waking up to rain, it turned out to be the most perfect weather ever.

With a convenient break in his treatments, my Dad was rested up and feeling great to walk me down the aisle, which was a great blessing.

Guests enjoyed drinks and played corn hole out back while we took some photos on the grounds. The reception began inside shortly after.

Click here to see more photos of the reception decor and my awesome custom card box (shown below). Here you can find a step-by-step tutorial on making the tissue flower napkin rings we used.

Click here for a closer look at our cake buffet with a tutorial on making the sign holders and templates for the flavor cards.

Click here for all the details of how I put together our candy bar, downloadable templates of the candy labels and all the information and resources you need to create your own candy bar.
If you missed it before, here is a post about my dress and all the handmade touches that made up my bridal ensemble!

Next week I will share a few more details and photos of my bouquet with a tutorial on how to dry it after the big day. I’ll also have a step by step how-to on making my birds nest ring pillow.

It was a beautiful sunset that night which everyone enjoyed from the back deck of the lodge. Later in the evening, my aunt and uncle surprised us by decorating the grounds with luminaries.
We couldn’t have asked for a more perfect day.
Photography by David and Lisa Wilding, Lorain, Ohio
Advertisements

26 thoughts on “Our Wedding Day

1. eNVe says:

that is infinite gorgeousness, nik!~ but we wouldn't expect anything less from you. ๐Ÿ˜‰ I LOVE the dress and just about every other detail you put into your special day. CONGRATS to you and Tyler! ๐Ÿ˜€

2. M. B. Karger says:

Even though I've drooled over so many of these details as you've been chronicling the preparations, it is still so amazingly beautiful to see it all put together!

Somehow, you've managed to combine a fairytale wedding with someone to unique and personal. Stunning. Gorgeous. Awesome. Congrats again on EVERYTHING!

3. Phydeaux Designs says:

Oh magical! I'm such a softie, sitting here wiping away tears through my smiles. ๐Ÿ™‚ I'm SO glad your Dad was up to walking you down the aisle. Tyler is so handsome. You're absolutely beautiful. I love the old fashioned flowers and vintagey glass. How lovely that your aunt and uncle surprised you with fairy lights. ๐Ÿ™‚ Thank you for sharing!!! xo

4. Allyson/HBMomof2 says:

Such gorgeousness. I am so glad that your father was able to walk you down the aisle. So special. Everything was beautiful and that dress! Please tell me you noticed/planned that in the black and white full length photo with your backs to the camera that your shadow makes a sun filled heart in between the two of you. That made me teary. Congratulations to you and your new husband. Looking forward to more details.

5. spedhead says:

I have never seen anything like these images… So simple yet so filled with gorgeous details at the same time. Fantastic and magical! You looked gorgeous and must have felt so proud of what you put together. I hope you two have a long and happy life together.
    Kara

6. Jill says:

I love the order you put these in… dreamy and romantic, to wild and fun, then a soothing end… ๐Ÿ™‚ The decor was just beautiful, as was your dress!! *swoon* You two look smitten with each other. Funny how you can be with someone for a handful of years and then on your wedding day its like you just met.:) Thanks for sharing these!!!