Undercover Maker Mat Pattern

Undercover Maker Mat free pattern | lillyella stitchery

This dual purpose sewing space organizer has double pockets and a removable thread catcher to keep all your notions at hand and your workspace tidy. It goes from under to {machine} cover when not in use with side ties to keep it in place.

Click here  to download the PDF pattern.

If you have any questions about the pattern, feel free to contact me anytime. Tag your photos with #undercovermakermat so everyone can be inspired!

Undercover Maker Mat free pattern | lillyella stitchery

Advertisements

48 thoughts on “Undercover Maker Mat Pattern

1. artisticsharon says:

what a brilliant idea! I have a thread catcher but keep all my other tools just strewn on the table…not good as they often find their way to the floor 😦 And the fact that this doubles as a machine cover is even better! Can’t wait to make one. Thank you so much for the pattern 😀

2. Reada Napper says:

Such a great idea, going to make some for my church sewing group. We make burial gowns for premature babies. Good way for each to keep up with their own tools.

3. Jeannie D says:

Hopped over from Sharon Holland Designs and I’m so glad I did! Thank you for this tutorial; it’s brilliant! …and because it will “tidy up” my work space my husband thanks you too!

• nicole young says:

Hi Patricia! There is a line in the post that says ‘click here to download the PDF pattern. This will save the file to your computer (wherever you have your browser settings setup to save files) or it will open it automatically after download. Thanks!

• nicole young says:

Hi Pam, I’m sorry, since this is a free pattern, it is just available for download. If you do not have a printer, you can have the file printed for you at a local copy shop or office supply store. Thanks!

4. Linette Greene says:

I must be completely blind but I read through the tutorial several times and cannot find the PP pattern for the butterfly. My PDF is 7 pages. What am I doing wroing?

5. Carmen says:

Hello, I was looking for some undercover for my sewing machine and yours is very nice. I will send you photo of mine. A big kiss from Spain

6. Tania says:

Hi
    I’m a novice to sewing but desperately want to make this as a gift to my mother in law. I have some technical material questions as I’m in UK and not so familiar.
    Batting – is this same as wadding and what weight do i need (choices are 70g, 200g and 270g)
    Fusible fleece and interfacing – are these the same? What are the types needed if buying in UK? Thanks
    Tania

• nicole young says:

Hello Tania! Well, since I’m not in the UK, I am not familiar with your terms or what you have available. I believe batting and wadding are probably the same thing, but I do not know the differences in those weights you mentioned. I think some google searching would probably give you better answers than I can provide! Fusible fleece and interfacing are not the same thing. Both are Pellon products and you can read more about their properties on their website: http://www.pellonprojects.com/products/. This may help you recognize what a similar material in your area would be. I hope this helps a bit! ~ Nicole

7. Opal Hunt says:

I am so spazzed and proud of myself for completing this project! It turned out beautifully! Thanks for sharing this pattern. How can post a picture?

8. Barb F says:

I made your undercover mat/machine cover for a quilt-friend who will be caravanning. She loved it. Dual usage was the deciding factor for me to make it. I made half the pocket as a zippered section for ease of storing often-used tools when travelling.
    I’ve just bought a new, lighter machine to take to weekly craft! so will be making a mat/cover to use. Maybe make a full zipper so I can contain my bits & pieces while travelling. My new machine only has a plastic bag to tuck in!! Easy to lose!